Monday, April 13, 2009

Crismis Cookies (Scone)

It's my girl's snack at home. I made this into small and thin, so that it turns out crispy and crunchy. Actually the original recipe is a kind of scone...but i prefer have it this way...heehee! It was from my youngest sister, which she used to baked this during her cooking class at school times. Yea yea...its been a long long time, i've been baking this for about 15 years!! Ha ha! Getting old now...:(
Okay, I doubled the portion here, cause its too little when the flour is only 125g. Try it out, trust me....it really taste good. I did replaced the raisins to chocolate chips sometimes....but i prefered it with raisins.




INGREDIENTS:
90g Sugar 90g Raisins
90g Butter / margarine
250g All purpose flour
2 tsps Baking powder
2 Eggs
2 tsps Vanilla essence
METHOD:
~ Mix flour n butter together using hands (rubbing method) until forms crumbs
~ Add in sugar, mix well
~ Add in eggs & vanilla and mix until becomes a soft dough (texture is quite sticky), (do not knead, juz mix well)
~ Fold in raisins
~ Spoon on greased tray. (Small & thin, may create crispy texture)
~ Bake at 180'C for 20-25 minutes or until brown.


These cookies (if made into thin crust) can be kept in an airtight container for a week.
I like it with a cup of hot coffee.....as usual, haha!...:P

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails