Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ouar Koh Kueh

Ouar Koh Kueh....i called it "Wun Jei Gou" in cantonese. This is 1 of my favourite nyonya kueh. Especially when eat with my favourite chilli sauce....;-p
Well, together with my friend, we try it out the very first time. We were so nervous while waiting for the kueh to cook. And the result.....yippie!! Nice!!
I've already taken 4 for my dinner...heehee! Only left 3 small pieces for my husband to try later.
Can't wait for his comments...haha!
Got this recipe from one of my favourite book, nyonya traditional kueh. I did a slight changes here for the topping ingredients to suits my own preference. So here goes the recipe....






INGREDIENTS ( Batter)
(A)
150g Rice Flour
4 tbsps Tapioca flour
1 tbsp Sago Flour
230ml Water

(B)
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Salt
360ml Water

INGREDIENTS (Topping)
100g Tai Tow Choy (Chopped)
150g Sweet Preserved Radish (Chopped)
150g Salted Preserved Radish (Chopped)
5 pips Minced Garlic
5 nos Minced Shallots
4 tbsps Cooking Oil
** Soaked the tai tow Choy and preserved raddish in hot water for 10-15mins, then chopped.

Seasoning:
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
3-4 tbsps Sugar (If find the radish is too salty, can add alittle more sugar)
1/2 cup water

METHOD:
~ Fragnant the minced garlic and minced shallots with 4 tbsps oil, then add in chopped tai tow choy and the preserved raddish. Stir-fry for a while, add in seasoning, mix well, add in water and simmer till almost dry. ( if prefer to have more sauce, add alittle more water). Keep aside.
~ Mix ingredients (A) well, then bring ingredients (B) to boil.
~ Pour (B) into (A) mixture, and mix well.
~ Grease a little oil in the kueh bowl.
~ Steam the bowls for 5 minutes, then pour in the mixture into the steamed bowl until almost full ( I'm using a small kueh mould which is only 2-3" width)
~ Steam over high heat for 30 minutes.
~ Remove the kueh from the bowl when its half cool and then sprinkle some topping and serve.



Of course it can be steam in a bigger bowl, but my friend said the size is just nice. Yeah, it always look nice and cute when the size is smaller. She's right!!
I will also try another recipe from my friend soon, since she's making this weekend. Can't wait for hers....heehee! So stay tune!





2 comments:

  1. Wah...I pressure already yeh! Your one already nice....wonder if I can make anything close to that, haha! Anyway, thanks for asking me along today, I had fun, as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! No pressure la, BB....u r always the best.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails