Friday, October 29, 2010

White Chocolate Swiss Roll & Vegetarian Baos

Friday has come, and we are planning for another weekend outdoor activities. My daughter likes to go picnic, instead of park we used to do it near our condo's poolside. (Actually I'm lazy to drive to the park..haha!) Oh well, as I mentioned in my last post that I'll bake my little one a swiss roll...here is it..White Chocolate Swiss Roll!! A little delayed..heehee... but she was full of joy when she sees this roll...probably she's thinking that she doesn't have to take anymore bread...;p

2 slices were gone for her tea, and the rest are for our picnic tomorrow...:)


A very simple one adapted from "Elegant Swiss Roll by Kevin Chai" but with slight changes.
Instead of making patches (by adding some cocoa powder) I'll like it plain white. Somehow I did added alittle dark chocolate chips in it.

Ingredients:
180g sponge mix
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
40ml water
40g butter (melted)

Fillings:
80g White chocolate (melted)
1 tbsp cornoil
80g whipping cream (whipped)
a little dark chocolate chips (optional)

Method:
~ Prehear oven at 180'C and greased a 10x14" baking tray line with parchment paper.
~ Beat sponge mix, eggs, vanilla essence and water until light and fluffy. Gradually fold in melted butter and mix well.
~ Pour batter on prepared tray and baked for 8-10 minutes at 180'C. Leave to cool.
~ For fillings, mix cornoil with melted white chocolate. Fold in whipped cream and mix well.
~ Turn sponge onto paper, spread with fillings and roll gently. Keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes before slicing.


Another was my long missed baos! It was quite sometime that I haven't steam any baos.
Using all the old recipe from my previous posts but some look very cute here...;p
I've done some with redbean fillings but cut it and twisted it into some shapes..haha!

Well they were suppose to look like butterflies but when my little one sees them she said...Wa! They look like forg's eyes!!!...LOL!! they do actually...haha!


But they do impress the kids to give them a bite though. Kids always look for food with funny and cute shapes instead of how they taste.

Since we are going over friend's house for dinner, so I've decided to make some vegetarian "char siu" baos for them too. Similar with my older posts but with different kind of vegetarian meat I used. I still prefer the older one, maybe it depneds the qualities and brands selling in the market that make the difference.

Happy Weekends!!




6 comments:

  1. Which friend ahh... So lucky one! I think I know who even if you don't say, heehee. So every night also got event is it? I am sure missing out too much already!!! Btw, your white chocolate Swiss roll very swee! I bet it taste as good as it looks! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HeeHee..Bee Bee, you are very smart eh...:) We had a good chat for hours!!! But most of the time you were in our conversation..;p
    My swiss roll ah...thank you! Remember my failure last time...it was a disaster!! And I really wanted to thank you so so so much again my dear friend...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your are so creative! I like your red bean baos shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great combo, white chocolate as filling sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the swiss roll looks so delicious and the buns are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~ Wai Kitt, thank you....:)

    ~ Cooking Gallery, yeah its was a very good one!!

    ~ Jess @ Bakericious, thank you and we love the swiss roll so much that I'll be making it again this week...:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails