Friday, June 3, 2011

BBQ Meat Baos

Its almost a week past of the school holidays and it seems time past even faster during holidays. We had only 2 weeks of this term break and I hope I'll make the 2nd week will have lots of funs and joy..:)
Today's post is the baos that I read from my dear friend, HSB. This recipe is the most fluffly and soft of all the baos I made before. Love it, and I definitely will use this recipe for the rest of my baos making..:) Thank you Bee Bee!!
If you'll like the bao's pastry recipe, kindly refer here.

I've made this with my favourite bbq meat fillings, and some with red beans fillings too. No matter what's the fillings are, its so yummy even you eat it by its own. Interested on my homemade bbq meat recipe, you can view it here.
The method of folding the fillings into a roll was shown exactly above. Place the sealed part face down on the parchment paper.

Oh I just love the texture...its super duper fluffy and soft!!

I may try with peanuts and vegetarian fillings the next time I make. The whole portion of the baos were cleared in 1 day!!
As mentioned, I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #8- Bread Seduction (June 2011) hosted by Jasmine from The Sweetylicious


Wishing everyone a happy holiday and have lots of fun!

6 comments:

  1. Looks really good. *slurp* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! That is definitely a very neat way of rolling the baos! Will try it the next time, heehee! So glad you like it. :) See you real real soon yah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi (: the bao look so soft and delicious! would like to invite you to join aspiring bakers (: have fun! (:

    http://thesweetylicious.blogspot.com/2011/06/aspiring-bakers-8-bread-seduction.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too bookmarked Bee Bee recipe but have yet to try it out. It does look very soft and fluffy. Since I can't get pau flour here so I am just going to use regular flour. Hope the outcome will be just as nice as yours. Finally I can post a comment here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CaThY,
    Thank you...:)

    Bee Bee,
    Yea, I love this recipe!! Thank you! See you soon....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Sweetylicious,
    Thank you so much for inviting..:)

    Gertrude,
    Yea, you got to try soon..its really good! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails