Saturday, April 11, 2015

Grilled Stuffed Squids served with Aglio Olio Linguine

I always have difficulties when comes to think what should I cook for dinner. My mind will be blank and I will keep staring at the stuffs I have in my fridge or I will go round and round the market hopefully I can get something that my whole family will like. And these were what I got from the market in less than 30 minutes...small fresh prawns, squids, fish, meat, few kinds of vegetables etc. Oh yes, I grabbed almost everything...LOL!!!
So then, here came something different for dinner last night! "At least it's not rice again" ...that's what my little girl commented..:p


Saw this (kind of) recipe on a TV series, and I was, okay..I'll make that! Well, not bad at all, they were all been walloped up! It's alittle messy when comes to clean up the squids, you know the kind of gooey and slippery all over the hands....but I enjoy rubbing them though...haha!


These are what you have to prepare....(enough for 4 persons)

(A) 8 medium squids (cleaned and remove skin, rubbed with little sea salt)
(B) 500g minced pork / chicken
      200g shrimps (shell removed~cut into small pieces)
(C) 200g Linguine
(D) 2 tbsps minced garlic
      a bowl of brocolli (cut)
      1 medium carrot (cut into small cubes)
      2 tbsps dried basil leaves
   a little black pepper & salt to taste
      3 tbsps olive oil

Marinate (B) for at least 2 hours with:
1 tbsp A1 sauce
1 tbsp Lea & Perrins sauce
2 tsps black pepper
1 tsp paprika powder
a little salt & sugar

Prepare some sauce for the grilled squids with:
2 tbsps A1 sauce
1 tbsp Lea & Perrin sauce
a little black pepper and sugar
~ mix well and put in microwave for 1 minute.
     

* When everything are nicely prepared, stuffed the squids with (B).
* Preheat oven at 225'C Rub a little olive oil on the stuffed squids and grill for 15 minutes until both sides turn yellowish. Dish up and cut into small ring size. (shown above)
* Bring the brocolli to boil and drain, keep aside.
* Saute the minced garlic till fragnant, add in carrots and stir fry for 5 minutes then add in brocolli and the rest of the ingredients from (D). Add alittle water if it's too dry. 
* Bring to boil a pot of water and cook the Linguine in 11-12 minutes until its totally softened. Drained.
* Mix in the cooked Linguine with the prepared vegetables and serve on a plate.
* Decorate (as you desire) the grilled stuffed squids on the plate and drizzle with some sauce.

Dinner is served!!!
It was so yummy and I regret I didn't cooked more..^^


Happy Cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails